What is mechanical performance testing?
Mechanical performance testing comprises a series of stress tests using calibrated equipment designed to establish the structural integrity and flexibility of a product, ensure that it can be used safely as intended, and capture data regarding how the product responds to such stress.
Outlined below is a list of the tests Anecto Test Services provides to ensure the mechanical integrity of a product. All of the tests listed are available for a wide range of catheters and wires.
Catheter Tensile Test
- A measurement of the tensile strength and elongation of the catheter joints and components
- We use Zwick tensile test systems equipped with various load cells from 10N to 10kN
- Tests performed to ISO standards or Customer-defined requirements
Micro Tensile Test
- Tensile test set-up within Scanning Electron Microscope chamber. The tester is capable of measuring the tensile strength of small section samples.
- Tests performed to ISO standards or Customer-defined requirements.
Catheter Kink Resistance Test
- The ability to maintain cross-sectional profile during deformation
- Equipment: 3-point and 4-point bending jig inserted into Zwick tensile tester with 37°C water bath facilities
- For 3-point bend, ASTM F2606 “Standard Guide for Three-Point Bending of Balloon Vascular Stents and Stent Systems” is used