What is ISTA 6-Amazon.com SIOC?
ISTA 6-Amazon.com Ships in Own Container (SIOC) is a test procedure within the ISTA 6 series that involves a transportation simulation cycle tailored for the Amazon distribution environment. The procedure was developed by the global online retailer as part of its packaging certification program required for all Amazon vendors. Testing to Amazon 6-Amazon.com SIOC means a packaging system has demonstrated that it can withstand the rigors of shipping through Amazon.
ISTA 6-Amazon Over Boxing is a similar test procedure developed in tandem with SIOC and applies to product packages which must be over boxed into an Amazon shipping container.
ISTA 6-Amazon.com SIOC designates 8 test types based on the dimensions, weight, and contents of the packaged product.
Amazon packaging levels:
Benefits of testing to ISTA 6-Amazon.com SIOC:
- Allows for product distribution through Amazon.com
- Additional testing and certification guidance from an ISTA-certified laboratory
- Assurance of the protective capability of the product’s packaging system
- Results delivered via Amazon report template
ISTA 6-Amazon.com SIOC tests include:
- Atmospheric conditioning (optional)
- Shock / mechanical drop / bridge impact / concentrated impact
- Integrity / leak test (liquids only)
Anecto Test Services is certified to test to ISTA 6-Amazon.com SIOC and issue the Amazon-template report, including Packaged-Product Test Types A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H. In addition, Anecto Test Services has been trained by Amazon and are part of the Amazon Packaging Support and Supplier Network (APASS).